Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CREDIT REPAIR COMPANIES

Beware!!! You've seen the ads and if you look online, there are hundreds of companies promising to remove negative entries from your credit. Does it sound too good to be true? Well, it is. Nothing can be deleted from your credit unless it is an error. If you maxed out your credit card and think you can get the credit bureau to remove it without paying you're sadly mistaken. Before I was educated on credit, I actually paid one of these companies to remove negative items from my report. It works like this, you pay an upfront fee, usually around a few hundred dollars. The credit repair companies write letters on your behalf to the three credit bureaus who verify the information and send you an updated report in the mail. Once you receive your report , you send it to the company. I did this back and forth over the course of 4-5 months before I realized it wasn't going anywhere. Nothing was ever deleted from my report. They claim to have this secret technique to getting you a higher score. You can do everything they are doing if you learn how. There aren't any secrets to getting it done. Like I said before with a little patience and time, you are the best credit repair when it comes to fixing your credit.

No comments: