Tuesday, July 22, 2008

GET OUT OF DEBT

You're in over your head in debt, now what? I became worried and stressed out, but I soon recovered. What good was me worrying going to do, it wasn't going to change my situation. So I came up with a plan of action. First, I ordered my credit reports from the three bureaus, (Equifax, Experian, Transunion). Once I received my reports, I created a spreadsheet and calculated all my debt. I made a payment plan to how I would pay, how much and to who. I set aside a portion of my income to pay towards my debt. Now don't get overwhelmed by the amount you owe, which could be very high. You didn't ruin your credit in one day and you're not going to repair it in one day either. It takes time and a lot of patience to work through. I paid off the smaller bills first and then the larger ones I made several payments toward. Anytime, I received a bonus at work or got my income tax refund, I paid more bills. Any extra income or money went towards my debt. Every time I paid a bill off I was one step closer to financial freedom. You can too, don't wait put your plan of action in today

No comments: